Tuesday, November 06, 2007

New wallet-sized library cards

I just wanted to write down what I heard from Dana regarding our new wallet-sized library cards:

Patrons can replace their keychain-sized card with a wallet one if they bring in the old card and do a direct swap. Delete the old card number and either throw it away or put back in the box to use again (depending on condition).

If a patron has lost their card and wants the new one to be wallet-sized, they still need to pay the standard $1 replacement fee.

Please let me know if I got anything wrong!

3 comments:

Dana said...

This matches my understanding! Thanks for posting this Kate.

Diana said...

I might be overly cautious, but instead of re-using a library card, can we shred the card in case someone uses a number from memory?

Diana

Dana said...

That's a really good point! I guess we do need to nuke any cards that get traded in.