Friday, September 04, 2009

Fall 09 Updates and FYI

Good Morning:

There have been a few changes over the summer and during the first week of classes that everyone will need to know.

The computer place changed their login procedures to the students GavID and Banner PIN at the computer.
AND
As I mentioned in an earlier post, the wireless access is also using the GavID and Banner PIN as the login.

This has resulted in an increase in students needing to get their GavID and PIN or verify it. I found the best way is to direct them to Self Service Banner and use the Get GavID and PIN feature. If they are trying to login and can't remember their PIN, the Banner Login screen has a Forgot PIN button. If they have both numbers and it isn't working, I have asked them to log into Banner and most of the time they find that they have the wrong numbers and we use one of the previous ideas to find the correct information.

Later Gators!

No comments: